The Eyes Have It

of passions lust and
offspring bought.
Of truth and dare
of honour
or secrets and
lies.

The eyes speak of battles
fought or won
and gaze fondly upon
allies as friends in
times of war.

The eyes glisten and mist
with pride as they

showing pleasure
and measure strangers
upon first sight.

The eyes are the
pathway to the
soul.

If my eyes ever meet you
they will hold your gaze…

Will yours do the
same?

~*~

© Daydreamertoo *All rights reserved

Shared with dVersePoets #Poetics The object is

About these ads

Tagged: , , , ,

§ 17 Responses to The Eyes Have It

• Jae Rose says:

Absolutely..and a friendly hug maybe too..are there little windows in the eyes or bars in a locked room..maybe it depends on who meets your gaze..I guess both can be opened..the good and bad..each verse cleverly showed how quickly the feelings change..Jae

• Bodhirose says:

The eyes give us so many clues as to what lies within. I hope you get that gaze in the eyes…it’s no use otherwise. So enjoyed this…

• Dulce says:

absulutely… they would, I speak through my eyes and this is a masterpiece

• Mary says:

The first thing I notice about a person is his/her eyes. They really ARE the window to the soul. Plus you can tell SO much about a person by really looking at them. A person may lie, but the eyes don’t.

• You bring us the eyes to ponder as the gateway to so many of the heart’s secrets. From battles with the world to loves begun and yet to be, you’ve registered the wounds and hopes that all souls contain.

• Bianca says:

Eyes see and experience so much and they give out just as many signals and communication as well. Lovely poem, really enjoyed it!

• David King says:

I agree, the eys have it all!

• cat says:

Such a good post, Bren … good post to ponder about. Send me a pic of your eyes some time, please … just your eyes … I will too … then we’ll let them speak … volumes and volumes and volumes, yes … Love, cat.

• LBTL says:

eyes: mirror and curtains :)
    nice pic btw

• People who can’t look me in the eye make me uncomfortable. In reading this it occurred to me that eyes are probably the primary way of engaging another person. I feel your question. One person may have a dull or even dead look, while another can almost shoot fireworks out of their eyes, while the glow of another person’s eyes can feel like the warmth of a hearth….

• This poem dazzles me. Thanks for sharing it.

Namaste……….cj

• Gay Cannon says:

Through yours to mine – the conduit of communications, understanding, the emotions that pass from person to person through the eyes first and most importantly. Well done.

• Pat Hatt says:

Eye see you, Eye for an Eye, Don’t roll your eyes, eye need to close my eyes, too much eyes. Eye know what you did last summer.

• I once ran a “theme cloud” program on my own poetry and “eyes” came out on top. Eyes are the most expressive part of us, and this expressiveness flows both ways, as you’ve laid out in this piece.

• laurie kolp says:

I do so love eyes (great pic, too)… to me they are true indicators of a person’s well-being. They can also indicate poor health, drug use, etc.

• marousia says:

Lovely write – you have packed so much into so few words

• brian miller says:

more than meets the eye…smiles…there is def much to be said of the eyes as they will truly tell you much of the person…their story…and emotions…and if they will truly meet your eye you will know them…smiles.

What’s this?

You are currently reading The Eyes Have It at Soul Speak.

meta

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: