The Perfect Storm

The message hits home
loud and clear
through words that jolt
this landscape’s stark
reality.

A pendulum swings
(though time is a constant
it isn’t always given)

sleep ’til spring reaches
in to detach their
grip of ice, with a
gentle easing, so
we can begin again.

Maybe we must simply
wipe away those liquid dreams
from clouding our eyes
and just ride out this, the
perfect storm

~*~

© Daydreamertoo       *All rights reserved

Just some thoughts on the winter snow storm we’re having right now and how we each deal so differently with our emotions.

Shared with Three Word Wednesday CCLV11  #detach jolt surge
Theme Thursday #Storm

About these ads

Tagged: , , , , ,

§ 18 Responses to The Perfect Storm

• Shauna says:

the desolation of winter rings loud and clear
    in your realist poem, dreamer.

• Mrsupole says:

The picture is really cool, would be so nice to see a sky looking like that.

The poem was great and it is a thinking poem again. Had to read it about 5 times and keep changing what I think it is about. But I did figure that if you have never found love then you have yet to lose love. Although I hear it is better to have love and lost it then to have never loved at all. I just say that you cannot miss what you have never had.

Thanks so much for playing in this weeks Storm Theme Thursday. Very stormy indeed.

God bless.

• Gill Mojo says:

Loved the imagery and the emotional content.

• Mama Zen says:

There’s a lot of truth and power in that second stanza. Beautiful write!

• becca givens says:

Amazing what the forces of nature evoke in our creativity and emotions! Nicely done!

• Mary says:

Beautiful writing once again!

Favorite lines:

“What’s never been found
    cannot be lost”
    LOL, I now see Sherry has said the same thing!

• David King says:

and truths sharp edge
    cuts through an ice cold
    silence with a surge of
    of certain pain

This is fine writing.

• cat says:

Waitng out the storm gets easier with time. It helps to remember that, at some point will end … but then there is the eye of the storm as well … lot’s of food for thought. Thanks for writing these beautiful words. I love the pic. Always, cat.

• Lots of icy stark achey sublimely cutting words in here, so crisp in their whole. So true in their conclusion some things must just be ridden out with liquid washings.

Awesome one!

xoxo

• I am struck by “what’s never been found cannot be lost.” And your final stanza…..powerful writing………loved it.

• Renee says:

Beautifully written and full of emotional wonder.

• LBTL says:

This speaks of disappointment and hope at the same time, cause there’s a hint, a glimmer of light in this that does not one feel as if it is THE end, more so a new beginning :)

• I liked how this ended, with the resolve to wait out the storm.

• Alice Audrey says:

I particularly like that last stanza.

Great use of three words. Please read my attempt.

• Pat Hatt says:

Nice thoughts on the storm, but as I read through I just had to give a vile smile, for all we have is a bit of rain hahaha no snow!

• Jae Rose says:

I love that this piece ends with acceptance..sometimes storms are necessary..I think maybe we can still feel what we never had..words help plug the holes..and finding people who understand your words is extra specail..Jae :)

• Sheilagh Lee says:

Beautifully descriptive piece.

• brian miller says:

the second stanza is pretty hard…but truth often is and cuts deep…also…What’s never been found
    cannot be lost…another hard truth as well…i rather much like starting again more than wiping away my dreams…you know…smiles.

What’s this?

You are currently reading The Perfect Storm at Soul Speak.

meta

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: